High-performance MM/MC Phono stage - DAC and ADC Digital Preamplifier (with Remote Control) - XMOS U8 (supports PCM 24bit~32bit/384kHz Max.)
High Speed 480Mbps USB Chip - ES9018K2M SABRE32 Reference Stereo (DSD /2.8M, 5.6M, 11.2M supports) 32bit 384kHz DAC Chip - CS5340 High-performance ADC Chip for high resolution recordings from Analog Sources to PC or MAC hard drive (24bit 192kHz Max.) -
Three Powerful Headphone Amplifiers TPA6120A2 (12~600 ohm) (Including one balanced output pair and unbalanced output) - S/PDIF Input and Output (24bit 192kHz Max.) -
Controller supports ASIO and Asynchronous mode ADL – Alpha Design Labs – creates innovative, smart-looking components with scintillating sound for computer-based systems as well as personal and portable electronics.
Tokyo-based ADL by Furutech™ aims high using the best materials and innovative design for an expanding line of Japanese designed precision products that include the STRATOS. a whole new way of thinking.… The legendary and groundbreaking ADL GT40, known throughout the world as “the Swiss Army knife of audio components” when it was introduced, revolutionized the home entertainment industry when it came to managing computer-based music systems.
The new and innovative ADL STRATOS, however, is set to raise the bar even higher with more features and even better performance.
The ADL STRATOS is more than just a DAC, a preamplifier, a phono stage and a headphone amplifier in one small, portable box.
With the STRATOS you get DSD (2.8M, 5.6M and 11.2M), USB (supports PCM 24~32bit/384kHz Max.) and ADC (24bit/192 kHz Max.), so you’ll be able manage the largest music collections on your hard drive with ease and flexibility—and outstanding sound quality. If you need to convert your LPs or other analog sources to digital, the STRATOS offers a wide variety of options to help you obtain the best sonic results.
With its low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays at 384 kHz and records at 192 kHz and its built-in high-performance MM/MC phono stage, you can easily record your favorite albums to hard disk via USB.
Best of all, you’ll enjoy Furutech’s signature sound— detailed, clear yet smooth—when you use the ADL STRATOS as the heart and soul of nearly any desktop system.
If you’re looking for a powerful headphone amplifier that can drive any pair of headphones on the market, the STRATOS delivers.
Whether you use the latest generation of ear phones or the most revealing electrostatic ear speakers available, the ADL STRATOS will allow you to venture and explore deeper into the recording than ever before.
That’s because every product from ADL is built with only the finest materials, as well as the most innovative Japanese design principles.
The STRATOS may be small and portable, but it contains an amazing amount of technology. Additional features include L/R analog inputs, line or phono (switchable MM/MC) inputs, S/PDIF Coaxial and Optical inputs, S/PDIF Optical output (for USB, Optical, Coaxial) and a controller that supports both ASIO and Asynchronous modes.
The STRATOS also uses the finest Furutech connectors to deliver high-quality sonic results. Indeed, the STRATOS is far more than a classic GT40 with DSD capabilities—every square inch of the STRATOS has been reconsidered and rethought using the latest technology and the latest designs.
The original GT40 certainly shook up the audio world when it redefined the level of audio performance, flexibility and features available at its affordable price.
With the ADL STRATOS, however, a new revolution has begun. It certainly qualifies as more than a new “Swiss Army knife of audio components.”
It’s a whole new way of thinking. Features
• XMOS Integrated High Speed USB 2.0 PHY giving 480Mbps data-rates and USB Audio Class 2. PCM 24~32bit/384kHz (Max.) sampling rates supported. (* Note-32bit will not be shown on computer) USB 2.0 high-speed compliance with DSD (2.8M,5.6M and 11.2M data supported), with the ability to sample 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 and 384 kHz sampling rates, indicated by LEDs on the front panel
• ESS ES9018K2M SABRE32 Reference Stereo DAC : Audiophile-grade (DSD /2.8M, 5.6M, 11.2M supports) 32bit 384kHz DAC Chip The SABRE-2M DAC is an audiophile-grade high-performance 384kHz, 2-channel audio D/A converter designed for audio pre-amplifiers and A/V receivers, as well as professional applications such as recording systems, mixer consoles and digital audio workstations.
With ESS patented 384kHz Hyperstream™ DAC architecture and Time Domain Jitter Eliminator, the SABRE32 Reference Stereo DAC delivers an unprecedented DNR of up to 135dB and THD+N of -120dB, the industry’s highest performance level that will satisfy the most demanding audio enthusiasts.
• Analog-to-Digital Converter: The STRATOS sports a high-performance CS5340 ADC chip for high resolution recordings via analog inputs including phono, AM/FM radio, or other analog signals to PC or MAC hard drive (24bit/192kHz Max.)
• Ultimate high-end grade linear volume control: 2-channel electronic volume allowing the volume to be preset for each input (Phono, Line, USB): The MUSES72320 is a ±18V operation 2-channel electronic volume, which is optimized for high-end audio and professional audio applications with advanced circuitry and layout. The MUSES72320 performs low noise and low distortion characteristics and with resistance ladder circuit.
• Three Powerful Headphone Amplifiers: STRATOS has three powerful TI TPA6120A2 headphone amplifiers: a pair handle the left and right channels of the XLR (4-pin) balanced output (non-switched), and the third powers the 6.3mm Stereo phone jack output (switched). (TI TPA6120A2 driving from 12 to 600 ohms at >120dB dynamic range)
• ASIO (Windows); Plug’n Play (MAC) • Line , ADC and DAC OPA : TI NE 5532 OP Amp, PHONO OPA : JRC NJM2068DD OP Amp
• S/PDIF Coaxial and Optical input: If the playback sample rate cannot be set at source, the Coaxial and Optical LED will indicate (Max. 24bit/192kHz sampling rates supported)
• Optical S/PDIF output (for USB, Optical and Coaxial) 24bit/192kHz Max.
• Convenient Clip signal Toggle switch for Recording Attenuation: Adjust the recording attenuation to avoid any distortion during recording: -6dB, 0dB or +6dB (Rec/dB signal light comes on when input level exceeds circuit Gain).
• Phono Preamplifier: The STRATOS features a phono equalizer for recording your precious LPs. Switch between Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) or Line input
• Dual External power supply : Power supply-1: 5V DC from USB bus powered USB chip only. Power supply-2: External AC/DC Switching Adaptor output DC 15V / 800mA / 12W provides power nee ded for high resolution audio via LINE, PHONO, COAXIAL, OPTICAL inputs (The STRATOS also excels as a standalone DAC digital amplifier when not playing computer based files via USB).
• Highest Quality Parts: The STRATOS features a high quality amplifier and condenser supporting its high performance analog circuit
• High End Audio Grade Connections: The STRATOS is equipped with gold-plated Teflon-insulated FURUTECH FP-900 RCA jacks and High End Performance FT-783M XLR Sockets with an extremely high quality aluminum chassis and machined volume knob STRATOS USB DAC Specifications
● USB Playback Resolution: supports PCM 24~32bit/384kHz (Max.)
● USB Recording Resolution: 24bit/192kHz (Max.) ● Frequency response: 20Hz ~20KHz (+/-0.5dB) ● SN ratio (A-WTD): >96dB / Line Output , >60dB/ MC Output , >70dB/ MM Output
● Analog Output Level: 5.0 Vrms
● Line Input Level: 2 Vrms ● S/PDIF Input: 24bit/192KHz (Max.)
● MC/MM Input Level: MC: 0.4mV / MM : 4.0mV ● MC Input Capacitance: 1000 PF - MM Input Capacitance: 100 PF
● Line Input Impedance: MC :100 ohm / MM :47K ohm / Line : 47K ohm
● Headphone Balanced output Level (XLR 4-pin): 1% THD 1kHz (Max.) 400mW(12 ohm),800mW(16 ohm),1200mW(32 ohm), 2200mW (56 ohm), 700mW (300 ohm), 350mW (600 ohm)
● Headphone Unbalanced output Level (6.3mm Stereo phone jack): 1% THD 1kHz (Max.) 1100mW(12 ohm),1400mW(16 ohm),1000mW(32 ohm), 820mW (56 ohm), 190mW (300 ohm), 100mW (600 ohm)
● Power Supply AC Adaptor Rating: Erp step2 compliant, 2Wire AC Input Type, Class II, AC/DC Switching Adaptor output DC 15V / 0.8A / 12W
● Dimensions: 215 (W) x 180 (D) x 64 (H) mm ● Weight: 1330g Approx. STRATOS has no setting for gain to match different impedance headphones. We recommend using 12 ohm to 600 ohm impedance headphones.